Subject: RE: [Leica]good article
From: Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 16:44:29 -0400

I think you're making more of that flag incident than it deserves.   I saw
Larry King interview the marine last week, he said he just did what his CO
told him to do.   But there was no indication that the flag idea originated
at any higher level than that.   At least, the marine sure didn't know of
any.  He seemed like the stereotypical jarhead following orders.  It just
seemed like an impromptu act.

dan c.

[snip]