Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Ideal bag for M6 & 35mm ASPH
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 18:23:56 -0700

At 5:23 PM -0600 4/13/03, Kit McChesney | acmefoto wrote:
>Rolfe--
>
>Thanks for your comments. I have wondered what folks like, and yes, I have a
>selfish motivation (I want a good bag for myself) and brazenly commercial
>motivation (I'd like to carry a few nice bag lines, and would like to have
>on hand what seems to be the favored models/brands for LeicaLubbers).
>
>I'm in the same boat as many here ... I have a big honking Lowe bag that I
>detest for anything other than storage, and I have a Lowe waist or "fanny"
>pack that I also can't stand (when you load it up it pulls at the waist
>persistently, and gives me low back pain). I'd like to have a bag that will
>take my M and a couple of lenses, some film, my cell phone, and a few other
>small goodies (lemon drops!) because I know if I carry anything larger than
>that, I won't. There are some very interesting Crumpler models that look
>great (there are many more of these than most stores carry or display) and I
>like what folks are saying about the Domke, too.
>
>Thanks!

There is no perfect bag. :-)

There is always a better bag out there. :-)

I will not buy another bag. :-)

FWIW, the Domke 803 has served me well, for 2-3 M bodies with
Rapidwinders, and up to 5 lenses (12CV, 21/2.8, 35/1.4, 50, 75 (or
90), film, Center Filter, SF-20, etc.

It's about as big as you need to go with an M outfit.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com