Subject: RE: [Leica] late night surfing
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:56:40 -0700

On 4/14/03 bdcolen  wrote:

>The future holds still photography. As one or more other folks here have
>pointed out, the various t.v. networks have regularly been running still
>photos as part of their news shows - not pixilated captures from video
>feeds, but still photos they have gotten from the various wire and photo
>services.

The forms are very different as I'm sure most of us know. And there are reasons
for using both of them. The more we see HDTV the more high quality still images
we will see as well because the media are different.

I still read news papers and books even though there is radio, tv, and motion
pictures.

By the way, "Three Kings" is looking like a classic film now, at least as
relevant now as it was after GW I, maybe more so.

I've often wondered at the quality of some of the big prime Panavision lenses
used for motion pictures. Some of them must be pretty terrific pieces of glass
considering.

Adam

Replies: Reply from Mike Durling <durling@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] was late night surfing, now Panavision, ON TOPIC!)