Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: What power drill should I buy?
From: "GeeBee" <graham@geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 20:08:24 +0100

From: "Jeff Moore" <jbm@jbm.org>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 15 April 2003 19:35
Subject: [Leica] Re: What power drill should I buy?

> Nice Jill moment, there.  The picture with Paul's big bald head is
> dramatic and pleasingly composed, but catching an actual animated
> human moment always seems to win for me.
>
> We've been through Scotch Whisky, God knows; if one were actually to
> examine the question you didn't mean to bring up, I wonder what brand
> loyalties this crew would exhibit.  I'm guessing, from my extensive
> studies of power-tool semiotics (published in all the major academic
> journals!), that there'd be a fair number of Porter Cable and Bosch
> people here, and fewer Heartland DeWalt stalwarts than in the population
> at large -- but there'd still be some.
>
>  -Jeff
> --
The original post from Kyle has already produced an allusion to digital
photography, a further reference to power tools and the mention of scotch
whisky. There is a very real danger that this thread could break with the
long standing tradition of remaining on topic in this forum. To maintain the
purity of thread so beloved by many of the august members of this group I
offer a photograph. Taken by a Leica M6 through a Leica Summicron 50mm lens
which was fitted with Leica close focus specs and, just for the Leica
overkill, I checked the exposure with a Leica exposure meter.:

http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/previews.html

- --Graham

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] Re: What power drill should I buy?)
Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: What power drill should I buy?)