Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: self portraits Henning
From: "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:36:19 +0200

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Henning Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 10:05 AM
Subject: [Leica] Re: self portraits

> >  > At 02:33 AM 4/15/2003 +0200, you wrote:
> >>  >http://www.leica-gallery.net/apekop/image-43717.html
> >>  ><snip>
> >>  >simon
> >>  >..
> >>
> >>  Nice. Is it just me or is the contrast a bit flat? Also, being a new
Leica
> >>  user, what's that thing on the top?
> >Thanks.
> >Yes they are but compressed raw scans
> >Did not try to compensate in PS
> >The thing on the top is a hot shoe light meter type MR which is really
> >excellent.
> >I,ve read really bad reviews about it but have not found any difference
> >speak of compared with a Minolta IV.
> >
> >Simon
>
> Simon,
>
> You've got to scan in 16bit mode and expand your tonal range. Your
> limited tonal range really distracts from you images. If you set your
> black and white points and your contrast your images will benefit
> immensely.
>
> Henning,

Thanks for the advice.
Well my dilemma is that there is nothing to chop off. Most of the curve is
outside the display,while still showing values on the valley side so i try
to get it in by adjusting brightness.
But i made a mistake and increased brightness to the max iso  reducing it
somewhat.But by reselecting all defaults and starting from there the scans
improved a little.One of the no doubt many mistakes was to have the preview
window include the film base.
this one
http://www.leica-gallery.net/apekop/image-43744.html
is from the white balance default menu with brightness at .7
simon

Message from "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com> (Re: [Leica] self portraits)
Message from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] self portraits)
Message from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> ([Leica] Re: self portraits)