Subject: [Leica] OT: The wall 'o Linn Sondeks
From: Jeff S <four_season_photo@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:03:22 -0700 (PDT)

What a coincidence this discussion should've come up!
Here's a photo of my 2nd sound room (just a digisnap,
brightened a lot in GIMP):

http://wwww.boulder.net/~4season/images/wall_o_sondeks.jpg

5 Linn Sondeks:
(1) for 33 rpm stereo
(1) for 45 rpm stereo
(1) for 33 rpm mono
(1) modified for 78 mono playback
(1) late model equipped with Lingo power supply for
easy speed changes, serves as backup unit.

Since taking the photos, I've had the speakers
(Avantgarde Trios) repainted to match my Aston Martin
DB7 coupe: The original metallic red finish looked too
"Dodge SUV" for me.

Alright I lied: If I owned a DB7, Avantgarde Trios or
5 Sondeks, no way I'd be tempting fate by advertising
the fact! I'm practicing to be a nice low-key rich
guy; all that's missing is the "rich" part. Prior to a
flood earlier this year, this was sound room #1 at
Audio Alternative in Ft. Collins, Colorado. I just got
back from a visit this afternoon, and took a number of
photos (on film) of shop owner Rick setting up yet
another Sondek. Rick's probably the best LP12 setup
guy in the region. Will try to have photos to show
tomorrow.

Jeff S
(playing a little Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald)

my >best buy was a  mint Linn Sondek with top of the
line >arm and cartridge, for $100 (Probably half of
you don't >know what I am nattering about!).