Subject: Re: [Leica] New Leica digital M camera (well nearly)
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 00:00:30 -0700

At 06:34 AM 4/16/2003 +0000, leicauser@ntlworld.com wrote:
>It does look a little like an M camera :-)
>
>http://www.leica-camera.com/imperia/md/content/pdf/d-lux/2.pdf
>..

Hope Springs Eternal. It looks nothing like an M :-) On the OM list, we
keep wishing for an OM-5 or OM-6, until Olympus cancels the OM :-(

I wonder - how good are the lens? Both the Digilux and this D-Lux are based
on the Panasonic Lumix cameras right? Do the original Panasonic have the
same lens or only the Leica badged ones have the Leica designed (but not
manufactured?) lenses? Sonny, what says you? Obviously you must be happy
with your Digilux. Does it have the "glow?"

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>