Subject: RE: [Leica] Musical selections for the darkroom?
From: "Wade Heninger" <lists@heninger.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:18:37 -0700

> > Any favorites that get you into the right frame of
> > mind in the darkroom (or while Photoshopping)? A few
> > that I've been enjoying lately, in no particular
> > order:

I'm going to expose my age here but here is my list of darkroom faves, in no
particular order:

1. Celtic-o-rama - lots of chieftans.
2. A nice compilation of 80's punk rock (Gen X, DI, Circle Jerks, Exploited,
Dead Kennedys, NOFX...you get the drift)
3. Skinny Puppy, Rammstein, Ministry to provide proper agitation
4. 40's and 50's American and French pop - Andrews Sisters, Sinatra, Trenet,
Piaf, Aznevor for smooth tones
5. Royksopp and a variety of electronica
6. 80's stuff - Smiths, Cure, Joy Division, Bauhaus etc.  When I need
contrast.
7. Enigma, Bjork, and sometimes Enya when its all about the silver.
8. NPR - lots of Terry Gross, World Affairs Council, Commonwealth Club of SF
9. Old Timey Music - Oh Brother, Where art thou fare

Most of these are saved on MP3 CDs with about 200 songs per CD.