Subject: [Leica] Raised Film Advance Levers on M3
From: Frank Farmer <frankandaubrey@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:26:34 -0500 (CDT)

Greetings all,

I have a question about the film advance levers on M3 bodies.  I've been shopping around (mostly just lusting after them) for a SS M3.  Anyway, whilst observing the pictures on various websites that list used camera equipment I noticed that some film advance levers are not sitting down on the topplate of the camera.  It apears that they have been raised a couple of millimeters.  This also appears to raise the shutter release button.  Is this just a common modification?  Result of a CLA?  Manufacture?  Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this issue.  I checked the archives, but to no avail.  As always, thanks in advance for any responses.

Frank