Subject: [Leica] Leica R4 Special Edition
From: "guessmyhobby" <guessmyhobby@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 20:06:40 -0700

Hi everybody, brand new member and owner of 9 Leica cameras, I am from San
Francisco and love traveling to Europe.
Here is a question for you: I have a Leica R4, which has a square plate on
the back saying Leica Special Edition. Furthermore it shows the # I 026 on
the back frame below the film advance lever. Does anyone have some knowledge
about this camera? e.g.:
1)when produced,
2)does the special edition vary from the regular R4,
3)how much was it new
4)why was there a special edition run,
5)the # below the film advance lever (which is not on any other R4) means
what?
6)how many were produced.

Thanks
Joy