Subject: RE: [Leica] OT - National Geographic film usage
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:06:39 -0400

In the days of the real LIFE magazine it used to be said that one should
expect to get about two 'keepers' per 36 exposure roll - two frames that
meant something special to the photographer.

I've always heard that the NatGeo photographers consume tons of
film...But don't forget that they are often involved in assignments that
extend for months, and involve travel to difficult and distant places,
places where you can't easily return - or can't return at all - to get
the one shot you missed. I would assume that if you are doing a piece
on, say, endangered gorillas in the mist, you are going to shoot all the
film you can get your hands on.

B.D.