Subject: Re: [Leica] Found a pre-owned MP already
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:45:54 -0700

On 2003-04-23 Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) thoughtfully wrote:

>Sorry Kit, I didn't explain myself well, I know about discount
>negotiation :) I was really interested to know if in any country other
>than USA and Canada were are normally prices listed without tax etc.
>It always irritates the hell out of me when in the USA that I do not
>know what I will pay until the till calculates all the extras and adds
>them.

But you can't know that unless you know exactly where you are. Tax rates vary
from state to state and county to county within a state. Thank heavens there is
no VAT in the United States. I'd personally desire great physical harm for
whoever attempted put such an idea into practice.

Adam Bridge

(I'll save the rant about the regressive nature of the sales tax for another
venue.)