Subject: RE: [Leica] OT - National Geographic film usage
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:09:01 -0600

> In fact, I think
> plenty of stuff
> in the magazine is shot in just a three or four days. At least it looks
> that way, which is why I cancelled my subscription. Is there anybody who
> doesn't think that the photographic quality of the magazine has gone way,
> way downhill?
>
> Rolfe

I stopped subscribing when they were accused of apparently stealing
photographers images  - and making no bones about it. To whit recent court
cases(s?) they have lost majorly.

Flicking through it on the news stands, I'm not sure so much that it's the
photo quality that has dropped, so much as the poor story ideas they have
(combined with their decision 2 or 3 years ago to do more stories from
"home" i.e. N America - more as a cost saving venture I think). If there is
a story by Bill Allard, or maybe David Harvey, I might get it. Other than
that...

tim