Subject: Re: [Leica] Stolen Leicas
From: Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:12:51 -0700

I do not know the current situation with Leica USA but years ago they did
keep a list of stolen Leica gear and if it was sent to them for CLA/repair
they held it till ownership was established.

The Leica website has a page where you can enter the s/n of gear and it
will show if that s/n has been reported to them as stolen.