Subject: [none]
From: "David Rodgers" <drodgers1@lightcurves.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:11:54 -0700

Doug,

Fantastic shots you've put up of late. You've turned a sparrow into an icon in this one.  I'll think twice before I ever again throw rocks at them as they gather on my woodpile. :-)

Seriously, an wonderful image. Interesting to hear your comments regarding E100G. Been wanting to try some. I have 18 rolls of E100VC left. Don't want to try E100G until it's gone :-). I really like E100VC. I've heard E100G is even better.

DaveR

At 07:17 AM 4/24/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>>This is a first-year White-crowned Sparrow that has nearly completed its
moult into adult plumage.  The brown feathers mixed in with the black on the bird's head are all that's left of its juvenile plumage:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/wcsp01.html

technical stuff:

Leicaflex SL
560mm f/6.8 Telyt with 14182 extension tube
E100G film, shutter speed not recorded, f/6.8 aperture
tripod and blind

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com <<