Subject: [Leica] R lenses on digital bodies
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:55:38 +0100

Yes, it is a practical matter, it is not convenient to focus, meter,
frame and stop down a Leica R lens on an EOS body IME. the Olympus
would indeed be easier, but I would be concerned that I could stop down
the lens consistently using the DOF button which has a tiny travel for
a large iris movement.
Recent M lenses, as you probably know, are incompatible with reflex
cameras, either inherently or because of the mount.
Frank