Subject: Re: [Leica] ASPH Flare and harsh Bokeh
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 10:17:14 +1000

On Sunday, Apr 27, 2003, at 07:18 Australia/Melbourne, bdcolen wrote:
> The Tri-Elmarit? I have never understood why anyone shooting Leica M
> for
> the quality of the glass would even consider using anything other than
> the astoundingly good primes.
>
> B. D

Because we were led to believe it was as good. The "compromise" was the
speed of the lens, not its image quality. I read only good things about
the TE before I bought mine, waiting as I did for the improved
mechanical design. Its a great concept: with my f4 90 elmar C it makes
a fantastic compact system.

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] ASPH Flare and harsh Bokeh)
Reply from "Seth Rosner" <sethrosner@direcway.com> (Re: [Leica] ASPH Flare and harsh Bokeh)