Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - Forcing slide film
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 10:36:39 -0400

Erik,
Yes, you will need to get the film to a good E-6 lab and ask for +2
processing.  I will warn you that usually you do not get the full two stops,
I get something like 640 with a +1 push and something around 1300 with a +2
push.  Testing is necessary and every lab is different so for critical
results you will have to retest if you change labs.  You can shorten your
testing by talking to the lab first, they should have a good idea of
starting points.

So, take one roll, find a similar lighting situation to what you intend to
photograph, and shoot a bracketed series of photographs in 1/3 stop
increments. I would start with an EI of 800 and work my way to 2000.   Do
this for several metering situations to get a good handle on what really
goes on.  Especially if you will be photographing a stage production that
varies between spots and broad colored lighting you will need to do this for
all the lighting set ups.  With careful notes, this will only take one roll
to nail down.

Hope this helps.

Don
dorysrus@mindspirng.com