Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo: an abstract
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 22:37:54 -0700

Adam Bridge
Subject: [Leica] Photo: an abstract

 > <http://splitsecondfilms.com/Faces/APX100-RowsAndRows.jpg>

> If I crop it to remove the hand-rails in the aisles it has a certain
quality
> that's different but I'm not sure it's better. More Op-Art like, if you go
back
> that far.<<,

Adam,
My initial re-action before I read your post on cropping was.... "gee why
didn't he crop the rails out and create endless rows of seats?

I read your post, looked again and..... I still feel it would make a more
interesting photograph with only the seats and no rails. However, I bet this
is a photo situation that will be whatever the eye of the beholder wishes to
see. And undoubtly will create 1333 various suggestions and cropping
methods. ;-)

ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Samples from the Women in Medicine project:
http://www.sandycarterphotography.com/WIMcollagePage.htm