Subject: [Leica] Rokkor 28
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:25:56 -0400

Hi!
    The 28 Rokkor for the CLE is a SUPER performer - I would find one hard
pressed to show the difference between it and Leica's own 28 f/ 2.8. I
tested it once against the Leica, Olympus' XA4, and Nikon's 28 on it's
old-style black titanium P&S (with the clock like dial on top - I borrowed
it!) -- It was a clean sweep after F4. At 2.8 it was close enough between
the Leica and the Rokkor.
    The "fix" is easy -- Steve Grimes in Boston (who passed on a day or so
ago, unfortunately) added a small tab to make the finder appear. You really
don't need it, actually - just use (as you know probably)  the entire frame
in the 0.72 model. What you see is what you get! The focus 'inaccuracies'
can be ignored, if there are any. I use the Leitz made Rokkor 90 F/4 from
time to time. and even at close range it seems fine.
    Ed