Subject: Re: [Leica] Shifting Frame Lines in M6TTL
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:35:00 -0500

Frank

This is called Parallax correction and is a feature Leica has always
provide on the M series, so your framing when focussing close in will be
correct.  There is nothing wrong with your camera.

Gene

                      Frank Farmer
                      <frankandaubrey@mindspring.c        To:       LUG <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>, MUG <MUGers@yahoogroups.com>
                      om>                                 cc:
                      Sent by:                            Subject:  [Leica] Shifting Frame Lines in M6TTL
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo
                      -alto.ca.us

                      04/28/2003 11:35 AM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

Greetings all,

I beleive I have stumbled upon yet another problem with my Leica equip. :
- -(  This is the story . . . my question is whether anyone has had a similar
experience or knows what is going on?  So, I'm the proud new owner of a
nice, compact Gitzo tripod which accompanied my wife and I to Florida this
past weekend.  While the M6TTL was mounted on said tripod I noticed that
the frame lines shifted down and to the right or up and to the left
(depending on which way I was turning the focus ring)while I was composing
and focusing the obligatory "us on the balcony" shot.  Obviously, this
shift is less noticable when hand-holding the camera.  This turned out to
be quite annoying while composing the tripod mounted shots as it completely
changed the composition.  My understanding is that the frame lines are
supposed to stay put.  What is going on?  I haven't developed the prints
yet but I did do some "tests" to see how the shifting frame lines affected
the composition.  Is this a common pr!
ob!
lem?  Also, I feel that I should mention that I was using the Tri-Elmar.
Could this be a lens problem?  I haven't spoken with Leica yet (though I
have left a message).  Just wondering what the vast expanse of MUG-dom and
LUG-dom had to say about this issue.  As always, thanks in advance.

Frank