Subject: RE: [Leica] C/V 35mm F1.2leica look
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:46:49 -0400

Good question, Simon. If you want to go spend some time in the archives,
you will find many, many, many LUGers waxing eloquent over the "finger
prints" of the older Leica lenses - and by older I mean things like
Summarit, old Elmars, earliest Summicrons, NOT necessarily the latest
pre-ASPH lenses. They talk about the Leica "glow." Well, the Leica
"glow," the "finger prints," are the result of things like fringing,
flare, etc. They are caused by optical aberrations.;-)

As to the ASPHs - they are fabulous optics - but then we have people on
the list complaining about the "harsh bokeh," and the loss of the "glow"
of the older lenses.

B. D.