Subject: [Leica] Re: Meeting Luggers in Philadelphia and Toronto
From: Cummer <cummer@netvigator.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 08:56:57 +0800

Dear Luggers
Wife Esther and I are leaving Hong Kong on Saturday and going to
Vancouver to visit our daughters. After a suitable quarantine time to
ensure that we haven't picked up SARS on the airplane we hope to
commune with LUGGERS on the "wet" coast (you know who you are) and
then we are going to a conference in Philadelphia and will be staying
at the Ritz Carlton from May 24- 30. I would love to meet Luggers in
the area so please contact me off line and we will see what can be
arranged about a "Leica stacking" get-together. After Philadelphia we
will go back to Vancouver and then on June 7 to Toronto for my
youngest daughter's high school graduation and to celebrate my 60th
birthday. If any Toronto area luggers would like to meet for a drink
/ meal sometime after June 7 please also contact me off line. I have
been packing and unpacking and repacking my camera equipment and have
pretty well decided to take a Bessa R2, a 35 Summilux Asph, a 90
Elmarit, and the 15mm Heliar as my film travel kit, together with a
Nikon D100 with a 18 -35 zoom, a 50 f1.4 and a 105 f2.0 as my digital
outfit. One of the nicest things about the lUG has been the
opportunity to meet luggers all over the world and I hope there will
be opportunities to meet some more of you in the next few weeks.
Cheers
Howard Cummer (still SARS free!) in
Hong Kong