Subject: Re: [Leica] Photos: Audioporn (non-Leica)
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 23:27:22 -0700

On 4/30/03 Adam Bridge  wrote:

>>http://www.boulder.net/~4season/300b.html
>>
>>I'm back to using .jpg images: Just got ahold of a Mac
>>with OS X and realized that, as installed, the default
>>web browser dosn't display PNG graphics (arrgh).
>
>Are you sure of this? Which browser are you using? Safari? IE?

Answering my own question, it's good ol' Microsoft's Internet Explorer that
won't open PNG files.

Fortunately for the world there is almost no reason to use this browser on OS X
unless your bank has coded to it.

Safari, OmniWeb, and Camino handle PNG just fine.

If you open the Preferences you can  configure IE to use Preview and, in fact,
there is an entry for .png files but it is somehow improperly configured.

Don't drink the kool-aide though - use Safari.

Adam Bridge