Subject: Re: [Leica] Mamiya USA
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 02:49:32 EDT

In a message dated 4/30/03 8:53:57 PM, roland@dnai.com writes:

<< I have heard others criticize Mamiya USA for being less than helpful and

high priced.  I thought I ought to share with you my experience.

I have a 4X5 Omega 45D view camera which is a Toyo product carried by Mamiya

USA.  The coupler between the monorail and the tripod is plastic  and

reported by users to be fragile.

The similar Toyo view camera has a metal coupler which ought to be more

durable.  Accordingly, I sent an email to Mamiya, last Sunday, inquiring

about ordering the part.

Three workdays have elapsed and I have received no response to an easy

question.  While non urgent, this is still less than satisfactory.  Alas,

delay is the deadliest form of denial.

Roland Smith

Oakland, California >>

I had a decent experience with Mamiya. A few years ago I bought a beater RZ
(the old kind) and had never used a camera with a dark slide before.  Since
it was used, and not in the best of condition it didn't come with instructi
ons (as in how to load, deal with shutter release sequence etc).  Basic stuff
now but coming from a different system was a little confusing.  I called
Mamiya USA and not only spoke to a helpful person (can't remember his name)
who walked me through the camera, but sent me all sorts of manuals, etc.  So
despite the horror stories I've heard, my experience was pretty good.

Kim