Subject: Re: [Leica] copyright violation
From: "Seth Rosner" <sethrosner@direcway.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 09:55:08 -0400

Hello friends:

Just returned from Washington, D.C. (where I was doing some lobbying on the
Hill) to 262 waiting emails. This thread is exactly why I have never posted
an image on the LUG. My guess is that some of you have even asked
yourselves, does this Rosner guy ever use his Leica or is he just a
wordsmith?

As a lawyer, I know that there are some legal "rights" that are simply too
difficult or too expensive to vindicate formally. This is also why some
clients get very angry at lawyers: "Why should I have to pay so much to get
that dirty so-and-so to do what the law says he should?"

In today's world I suppose that it is next to impossible for a professional
photographer not to have a website. My guess is that some day, perhaps soon,
the techie geniuses will devise an copyright protection program that will
burn a hole (read: corrupt a program or implant a virus) in the computer of
anyone downloading and illegally using a copyrighted document - photograph
or poem or article or whatever. I hope so.

Seth