Subject: Some Perspective...was .Re: [Leica] M6 viewfinder upgrade
From: "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 01:26:32 -0400

- ----- Original Message -----
From: <DennisKT5D@aol.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 11:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 viewfinder upgrade

>   B. D. is absolutely right. Ignore an obvious problem, limit the fixable
> cameras, and CHARGE you for the fix to boot. One more reason (among
several)
> not to buy Leica.

B.D., Dennis and other malcontents

If you guys don't like Leica you can unsubscribe from the list and save the
rest of us from your whining.  I for one do not seek perfection or nirvana
or whatever it is that you don't seem to be able to get from owning and
using the gear and belonging to the list.  Intelligent dialogue and
disagreement are one thing, but my index finger gets stiff sometimes from
deleting your negative and insipid emails.

I have been shooting since the late 1970's, mostly Contax SLR, and after a
brief and frustrating flirtation last year with a Contax G2 (now that's a
piece of tricked up electronic nonsense to complain about, you call that
thing a rangefinder, what a waste of wonderful Zeiss glass) I am delighted
with my M7, M2 and handful of Leica lenses, 21mm CV, 24mm ASPH, 35mm ASPH,
90mm Elmarit.   I have the highly portable, unobtrusive, intelligent, low
light shooting friendly system I have been looking for since I started in
this game back in the 1970's.  Yea, Leica costs an arm and a leg, which
created a real obstacle to ownership for me until I reached my 40's. On the
cost of ownership perhaps we all have a complaint. But if you spent a little
more time examining your motives and your desires, and a little less time
complaining maybe you could figure out where it is that you really want to
be with this stuff.  For most of us on the list it's a hobby or passion to
pursue and to enjoy and not a vocation to constantly fret about.

Gary

Replies: Reply from "Mark White" <greatwhite@ntlworld.com> (Re: Some Perspective...was .Re: [Leica] M6 viewfinder upgrade)