Subject: Re: [Leica] novoflex question
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 14:49:22 -0700

on 5/4/03 9:02 AM, animal at s.jessurun95@chello.nl wrote:

> Hello,
> I would like to know if a novoflex novoflexar 400 5.6 tele lens is similar
> to the Leica Telyt 400 5.6 with Televit adapter.
> Thanks
> simon jessurun

Similar optical design, but the focussing grips work diofferently.  With the
Novoflex, the left hand squeezes the grip to focus, while with the Televit
the index finger of the left hand presses an unlock button, and the camera
body is then pushed or pulled by the right hand for rough focus and the left
thumb turns a thumbwheel for fine focus.  IMHO the Novoflex is more
hand-holdable but tires the muscles of the left hand quickly, the Televit is
better for fine focus.  Optically the Leitz lens gives better shadow detail
and is more flare resistant.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com