Subject: Re: [Leica] Perennial PIA
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 16:22:36 -0700

Lew wrote:

> Ok. I just managed to lose a lens cap again. Is there an inexpensive
> source for these annoying things?<<<

Hi Lew,
Yeah don't bother replacing them! ;-) Heck the only time I have a lens cap
on any of the few lenses I have left with a cap is when the cameras are in
the bag.... which is rarely. :-)

Heck I've carried and used my Noctilux nearly every week for at least 20
years without a lens shade, let alone a lens cap. To bad about the lens
shade, it fell apart so I threw the rest of it away. :-)

Lens caps are no big deal anyway and with the M camera there's a good
possibility of inadvertently leaving it on and missing pictures.  Oh you
haven't done that one yet? :-) Most of us have at sometime during our photo
lives and those who haven't yet, the Great Lens Cap God will get them sooner
or later. :-)

ted
Samples from the Women in Medicine project:
http://www.sandycarterphotography.com/WIMcollagePage.htm

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Perennial PIA)