Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Photos of the West Bank - Holy @#$ these are good!
From: Bee Flowers <bee@beeflowers.com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 12:25:16 +0400

Steve Unsworth wrote:

> I'll be honest with you Bee, the first time I looked at these pictures I
> thought that a lot of them could have been taken anywhere and that the
> absence of people in the shots was a weakness. Well, after looking at
> them a
> few times I realised that the fact that they could have been taken
> anywhere
> was perhaps part of the point, and I didn't miss the people at all.
>
> What you shoot is the polar opposite of what I shoot, but by heck you're
> good at what you do. Get the book published!!!

Thanks, Steve. Yes, I deliberately included shots of objects that one
might find anywhere. The Middle East is deeply penetrated by elements of
Western (pop) culture, and the people have been brought up on (for
example) Disney cartoons as much as Americans have. Today, it is part of
other cultures too.

Bee