Subject: [Leica] Replacement PX625 batteries
From: Alan Walsh <alanwalsh@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 20:36:46 +1000

Luggers,

I recently followed Austin's advice and obtained some replacement
batteries from http://www.px625.com/

What was supplied were Chinese-made mercury cells. Unfortunately they
are about 1mm higher than the older Varta cells I am replacing. I
intend using them in my M5, but the extra height prevents the battery
cover from being screwed back into position.

Before I take a lathe/drill/hammer to the battery cover, has anyone
developed a solution to this problem?

Regards

Alan Walsh

Replies: Reply from David Young <dnr@horizon.bc.ca> ([Leica] Re: Replacement PX625 batteries)