Subject: Re: [Leica] True Confession
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 07:40:13 -0500

Jerry

There is no cover for the contacts, and in 15 years it has not effected the
operation of my R4SP one bit.  Now how do you figure it is a  "Point and
Shoot" camera?  My R equipment is similar - 560 Telyt, 90 Elmarit, 35
Elmarit, 200 Telyt (old Visoflex lens with R adapter), 28-70 Vario Elmar,
and a Leicaflex SL.  Have fun with the new toy...

Gene

                      Jerry Lehrer
                      <jerryleh@pacbell.net>              To:       "leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  [Leica] True Confession
                      -alto.ca.us

                      05/12/2003 08:37 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

LUGers

Hey guys, I have to make a Leica confession.  I bought my first
Point and Shoot camera last weekend!  It is a Leica R4s with
50mm f2.0 Summicron, 90mm f2.8 Elmarit and 35mm f2.0 Summicron.
Very nice to use, beautiful results.

Got a question though, is there supposed to be a plastic cover for the
bottom of the camera to protect the electrical terminals for the motor?
Mine came with the motor winder and grip, but I prefer to use it without

motor for a while.

Is the plastic cover a Leica part that can be ordered?

Jerry