Subject: Re: [Leica] Photodo
From: "John Evensta" <jevensta@plateautel.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 08:04:31 -0600

>Hello Everyone,
>
>For several weeks now, I've been unable to access the MTF graphs at
>Photodo.com. Anyone else having the same problem?
>
>Regards,
>Akhil

There seems to be a problem with the address of the gif files.  The 50mm Elmar is the only one that displays (as do all the Konica lenses).  If you right click where the graphs should be displayed and then choose "Properties", the address of the gif file will be shown (i.e., "http://193.14.88.41/pix/lens/mtf/LEIM5014.gif" for the 50mm Summilux).  If you then copy this address, paste it into the address bar on your browser, and change "193.14.88.41" to www.photodo.com, you can display the graph.  It's very unhandy to have to do this each time, and so I saved several of the graphs and imported them in groups into Word documents.  This way, for example, I can see all 50mm graphs (Leica-R, Leica-M, Konica, etc.) together.  As the recent discussion about the 50mm Summilux illustrates, there is more involved in the overall quality of a lens than its MTF graph, but they can at least give some indication of lens resolution.