Subject: [Leica] Heading backwards. Need help
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 18:30:34 -0700

I am thinking of going to back my root reason for owning a Leica RF camera.
Low weight and great optics.  Right now I have more modern optics,
specifically the 35/1.4 ASPH and the 35/2 Summicron ( 3rd generation).  So
why do I own both?  I own the Summicron because it is small and the
signature images are those I enjoy.  Why the ASPH Summilux?  Because it is
fast ( I use only ASA 100 film).  I carry only 1 lens at a time.  Never
both.

So why own both?  That is what I am trying to rationalize ....   Why not get
the 35/1.4 Summilux NON-ASPH... and rid myself of the 2 present lenses?  I
would get the low weight of the non-ASPH Summilux.. What about the signature
of the 1.4 lens?  Does it have the same look as the 35 Summicron?

Can anyone help with factual data as to why I should not do this?  I have
never owned the 35 Summilux lens....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Heading backwards. Need help)