Subject: [Leica] R8 Flash Problem
From: Dr Jim Bickerton <jim.b@jbsafety.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 08:49:13 +0100

I have recently acquired a used R8, which works OK except for the flash.

The flash gun (an inexpensive one) should work from the hot shoe,
according to the R8 manual.

What happens is that if the flash gun is charged as I fit it to the hot
shoe, it flashes immediately.  After it recharges, no amount of shutter
releasing or pressing the depth of field lever causes the flash to go off.

Any ideas?

Jim Bickerton