Subject: Re: [Leica] Wide angles lens
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 10:30:18 -0400

Claudio,
To determine what lens would be appropriate, you need to decide what you are
going to use the wide angle for.  A related topic is how close you like to
get to your subject.

Should you not like getting as close as one foot away from your subject then
the 21 will not satisfy you.

If you are doing people, then the 24 is far easier to use without cropping.
The wider angles are useable, especially if you are showing things in
context.  If you frequently are shooting in small rooms, pubs, narrow
streets, then the 21 might be better.

On the other hand, the 24 can be used in all of the above, and in larger
squares, nature shots, landscapes, and environmental portraits, you will
find the 24 easier to obtain satisfactory results.

What I carry is a 15, 21, 24, 35, 50, 75/90, 135.  I use the 35 and 75 the
most, followed by the 24, then the 15, then the 21.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com> (Re: [Leica] Wide angles lens)