Subject: [Leica] OT: What is difference between Documentary Photography and Photojournalism
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 12:06:18 -0400

OT but serious question - What are the perceived or real differences
between Documentary Photography and photojournalism.  As a complete doofus
I've assumed one more or less meant the other ........ I think there may be
a difference.  More importantly can I start calling myself a documentary
photographer?  I'm serious and I am NOT poking fun at people in either camp
who do these activities well.  I can't call myself a photo journalist
because I can NEVER get the story right!  So this leaves documentary
photography as a possible moniker. ( kids tell me that rube and hack are
better descriptions of what I do with a camera!!  :)

Ernie Nitka

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] OT: What is difference between Documentary Photography and Photojournalism)