Subject: Re: [Leica] R5 display keeps flashing
From: "Phil Leeson" <pjleeson@mchsi.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 21:33:45 -0500

I'm looking at my R5 and my guess is misalignment or sticking of the
ring that senses the aperture position.  Remove the lens and you can see
it easily, right behind the lens mounting flange.  See if it moves
freely by rotating it clockwise - it shouldn't stick and returns under
spring tension. The part that trails the 3rd cam is at the bottom and
moves freely back and forth - It catches the cam and pushes the ring and
sends the message that min. aperture is set.  With the lens removed,
when I push the tab and ring (gently) I can stop the flashing "T"   --
If things are sticking, this could be the cause.
Sure wouldn't suspect the lenses.  May be time for a repair/CLA
Phil