Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - Dayton Hamvention
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 11:32:16 -0500

Jerry the bug as we know it has been around for 100 years and there were
other similar devices which are even older, but less successful.  yes the
straight key is older but also has many variances.

Gene

                      Jerry Lehrer
                      <jerryleh@pacbell.net>              To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  Re: [Leica] OT - Dayton Hamvention
                      -alto.ca.us

                      05/15/2003 09:14 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

Mike

That is a "modern" device!  My father taught me code, using
an old downward moving telegraph key, where the operator
controlled dots and dashes (dit dah) by how long he held the
key down, not right and left.

Jerry