Subject: [Leica] Re: M4-2 Serial number with a M4-P top
From: "Michael E. Berube" <MEB@GoodPhotos.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 16:20:19 -0400

On Mon, 19 May 2003 22:12:47 -0700 (PDT), CHARLES STIRK JR C quoth unto the boundless Ether...
>The real reason for this I would be guessing , Mabe the M4-P top
>plate was used as a replacement for damaged one ?

Thanks for the reply Charles. I had thought initially that the hot shoe or top plate may have been replaced as well, but the Leitz Warranty form from when the camera was new (no date sadly) states that it is an M4-P with the current SN.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael