Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - Dayton Hamvention
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 15:52:00 -0500

Bill

Yes I did see the new Icom 7800 nice unit but could not touch as it was in
a plastic cover.  Did get the literature they had on it.  Looks like a
rival to Ten-Tecs Orion, but maybe not quite the same performance and no
word as to if a new band could be added when one becomes available.  Also
was surprised to see it is only double conversion.  I have the photos being
processed right now and will post some in the next few days along with
commentary.

Gene

                      "Bill Grimwood"
                      <bill@grimwood.net>                 To:       <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  Re: [Leica] OT - Dayton Hamvention
                      -alto.ca.us

                      05/20/2003 08:32 AM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

Thanks for the mention of Dayton.  Please give us a full report and post
your photos so I can see them.  Did you see the new Icom HF rig?

Bill Grimwood