Subject: RE: [Leica] Carrying multiple bodies...
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 13:28:37 -0400

At 01:08 PM 5/22/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>The weight of equipment is a killer, Tina, but I do wonder if you simply
>had damage prone knees to begin with. I know that at the end of a long
>day, my neck is ready to separate from my body, and my shoulder muscles
>are in iron-hard knots; but I've never had so much as a mild ache in my
>knees. But whatever the cause, double knee replacement is a real bitch.
>But it sure does beat the alternative!;-)
>
>Good luck! And make sure that the implants have Red Dots on them..:-)
>
>B. D.

Thanks, B.D!  I did injure my knees when I fell in Honduras several years
ago and have already had the torn meniscus (menisci?)  repaired.  The
doctor thinks that damage probably contributed to the early arthritis in my
knees.  After the last trip to the Mosquito Coast, I knew something drastic
had to be done.  The recovery time is supposed to be 3 to 6 months and I'm
leaving for Guatemala on September 5th so I'm in for some intense physical
therapy!  I'll have my Leicas with me in the hospital, but I'm not sure if
I'll be up to photography :-(

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com