Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Epson 2200 ink cart switching
From: "J. Gilbert Plantinga" <jgp@gilplant.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 07:05:56 -0400

I was curious too, so I tried it out. It works fine! In Mac OS X you
have to go to the Print Center and remove the 2200 from the Printer
List and then add it back - the driver then can detect the proper black
cartridge. If you don't do this you won't have the appropriate paper
profiles in the print dialog. The explanation in the printed manual was
unclear to me. I don't know how this works on other platforms, but I do
know that the partially full alternate ink cartridge works fine when
reinstalled. I keep one standing (vertically - I'm guessing that's
best) in a loose plastic bag next to the printer at all times.

Gilbert