Subject: RE: [Leica] Weary Wire - BD's comment
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 10:57:31 -0400

Fair enough.
- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us] On Behalf Of Adam
Bridge
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2003 9:26 PM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

On 2003-05-23 bdcolen@earthlink.net (bdcolen) thoughtfully wrote:

>Do people post because they want criticism and comment, or because they

>want their arses kissed? If I didn't believe it was the later, I
>wouldn't even comment. And I rarely if ever comment if I can't say
>something constructive.

I think people who post to the LUG want honest and thoughtful criticism
of the images they post so they can learn and  make better shots the
next time.

Often, however, it's very difficult to tell about an image from the
digital images because they are small and the detail we might observe in
a fine print is missing.

So I'd prefer hearing "I don't like this image" but, that said, I would
want some insight into what doesn't connect, what could be done better.

B. D., your comment was right at the verge of being helpful but I don't
think you provided any information to make the next photo be better.
Which, of course, is the challenge of good criticism.

My take on the image: I like the sky and the fence but, like B.D. I
think there's not quite the right study. I find there are things happen,
especially at the right side, that pull my eye away and it's just a bit
busy in the center with the weeds pushing up. I might have gone over and
whacked some of those away, perhaps and made a few more shots framing on
the major verticals of the posts to left and right, perhaps changing the
angle a little?

This one might have been worth really working.

anyway - my own thoughts on both the comments and the image.

Adam Bridge