Subject: RE: [Leica] Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 12:34:38 -0400

> > > The camera sold originally for $7000
> > > new and today about 6 months later can be had on the street for well
> > under
> > > $5000.
> >
> > >That somehow makes it not a good camera?
> >
> > No Austin, just a commercial disaster. I don't see a clear future in
> > Kyocera Photographic business. Nor probably themselves do.
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> > Felix
>
> Precisely my point.

No, Gary, not precisely your point:

"How is the ND usable?  At only up to 100 ISO without noise
it's usability is severely limited."

You also criticized the camera, far more than this statement above, which is
what I take deference with.

> ...I believe Contax will have nothing
> left to do but
> fold or concentrate only on the G and point and shoot gear.

But I fail to see how that has a thing to do with the usability of the
camera.  So, if a company is not around, the camera is therefore not a good
camera?  That's utter nonsense.

What ever the business issues are, the Contax N Digital is a superb camera.
The lenses that are available for it are excellent, and the images from it
are exceptional.

Austin