Subject: Re: [Leica] re: Low light, Noctilux and Color film
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 22:43:38 -0700

Hi Jerry, I guess Rei is sometimes on the list, and sometimes not? He
posted this on... April 28th. Looks like this artifact is limited to some
specific parameters, which is good because as I said, I personally don't
find the effect appealing.

*******
"nauselux syndrome" happens when the lens is focused to about 6 feet
and there are detailed patterns (such a autumn leaves) just out of
focus, say ouside the 4-8 foot range.  i personally find the
characteristic compelling and attempt to induce it when i can.

i am an emetic photographer.

- -rei

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>