Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] OT: Courtesy (was Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 13:04:58 -0700 (PDT)

Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> wrote:

> An unfortunate state of uncaring and being impolite seems to
> be the in thing. And for whatever reason I can't imagine.  I
> mean how much effort does it take to say "thank you, please
> and may I help you?"

> we have so many humans these days, not to forget the
> SOB's who are out to rob or whatever to another which in turn
> means "don't make eye contact" for fear of getting robbed or
> bashed for no reason at all.

It's not just thugs we don't want to make eye contact with, we also want to avoid the agressive panhandlers, religious zealots and pushy sales people.  It's these folks who have made civilty difficult for me.  Civility among those who want something (whether a helping hand, a sale or a soul) will go a long way toward restoring civility in the general population.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com