Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Courtesy (was Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 16:30:38 -0400

At 04:08 PM 5/27/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Which is not AT ALL to say we couldn't use more civility. Ted and I are
>both lucky to live in one of the most civil western societies going,
>namely Canada. I am continually astonished how pleasant people are to one
>another here. And it rubs off. We clear each other's drives of snow, move
>furniture for each other, pass beer over the garden fence. I even see
>people walking down the street with smiles on their faces, occasionally
>whistling. Children play in the streets. Cars drive slowly. People are
>not, as a rule, angry at you for no reason. You do not wonder if they are
>carrying guns. All of this is very unlike, say, London, England, where I
>lived from 1989-2001.

The same is true of the Deep South (except the part about snow).  I've
lived all over the world and chose to return to South Carolina.  I think
most people who live here, contrary to popular opinion, would never want to
live anywhere else because of the "Southern Hospitality."   We even have a
festival here in Rock Hill every spring called "Come See Me" because that's
the phrase you hear most often.  We love visitors and call everybody
"Honey" or "Sugar."  If you don't want to get intimate, don't come South,
Honey!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com