Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 07:22:57 -0500

Jerry

That is not how I took the original statement, but I can see how it would
be seen that way as most people here do not consider the R series as being
real Leicas.  which is  a shame as they are missing out on a very good
photo tool.

Gene

                      Jerry Lehrer
                      <jerryleh@pacbell.net>              To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  Re: [Leica] Re: Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
                      -alto.ca.us

                      05/27/2003 04:45 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

Gene

I thought we were talking about M series Leicas, not the R.
(Though I do have a R4s point and shoot)

Jerry

grduprey@rockwellcollins.com wrote:

> Its as real a Leica as anything else they have made.  Yes it started with
> minolta chassis, but from that point on it is all Leica.  I compared the
So
> Called Minolta Leica with the Genuine Minolta it was supposed to be a
copy
> of and the Leica won hands down in all categories.  no comparison
> what-so-ever.  From the R5 on the Minolta content was even less.
Actually
> the electronics of all R's from the 4 on were never Minolta electronics,
as
> I understand it, the electronics were done by an English concern
> commissioned by Leica.  I also have a Nikon F3, but do not use it as my
> R4SP is a better camera in my opinion.  It is not as modular, but I have
> never needed any of the extra finders, backs etc.  I have two view
screens
> for the R4SP and that covers all situations.  The motor is great, but
> lately I have removed it to reduce weight and sound.  Oh yes, it also
came
> out just about the same time as the F3, so tech wise they were/are in
step
> with the competition.
>
> As for autofocus, the Leica Correfot system was the basis for the
Honeywell