Subject: Re: [Leica] Slightly OT: C-41 b&w films
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 17:22:19 -0400

My reaction was to my own printing.  In fact i have gone away from
using mini-labs even  to develop to negatives - way too many scratches.
  I'd rather pay an extra $1 to have a prolab develop to negatives.  But
then again the mini lab at the grocery store is run by persons with
many body piercings so the concept of a scratch here and there may be
lost on them ( now if I' ve offended anyone with many body
piercings............then I've done my job....... no I mean to
say...you know what i mean)

As far as extened exposure times printing TCN I will admit that I
printed the negs from the Xpan so i was using a  6 x7 neg. mask using
105 lens at f/8 onto 11 x 14 sheets of FB Ilford ....... The point
being I didn't think the times were long but this is not my usual
printing protocol.

ernie